National Association of Home Builders
NAHB is a trade association that helps promote the policies that make housing a national priority. Since 1942, NAHB has been serving its members, the housing industry, and the public at large.
The Federation of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) exists to represent the home building industry by serving its members and affiliated state and local builders associations. The NAHB members, who are involved in all aspects of a diversified building industry, create jobs for millions of people and contribute significantly to the economic activity of their community, the nation and the world.
Working in partnership, the Federation provides superior service to its more than 140,000 members and their employees and strives to improve housing affordability, availability and choice. To achieve this mission, NAHB concentrates on the following five goals:
- Balance legislative, regulatory and judicial public policy
- Public appreciation for the importance of housing, housing affordability and those who provide housing
- Recognized premier resource for industry and consumer information, education, research, technical expertise and networking
- Improved business performance of its members
- Effective management of staff, financial and physical resources to satisfy the Association's needs
Recognize housing and housing providers as the strength of America and create an environment where every American has the opportunity for a safe, decent and affordable home in a suitable living environment provided by an entrepreneurial and competitive industry.